Today on the show we get stuck into the inner workings of Hex 1.0 and are happy to be joined by returning guest, Todd Resudek. As you might already know, Todd is the Senior Software Engineer at Weedmaps, a regular speaker on the conference scene, and one of the three core team members at Hex. With the total downloads sitting at 641 million, the Hex community is growing rapidly and shows no signs of slowing down. In this episode, we discover what makes the Hex packages some of the most popular packages out there today, as well as the new and improved features currently in the pipeline. In addition, we find out how Todd first got involved with the Hex team and how the team makes decisions and problem solves.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Transferring a new library into an old ecosystem.
- Todd’s challenges learning Elixir and Hex.
- Learn more about the functions of Alphabetify.
- An introduction to the uses of ETS storage.
- Contributing to Open Source while working at Weedmaps.
- Discover how Todd got involved with the Hex team.
- Learn more about the different faces of Hex.
- Find out how decisions are made within the Hex team.
- Just how busy is the Hex community right now?
- The top five underground features of Hex.
- Discover the latest features now available on Hex.
- Find out what new Hex features are in the pipeline.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Todd Resudek — https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddresudek/
Weedmaps — https://weedmaps.com/
Hex — https://hex.pm/
rebar3 — https://www.rebar3.org/
Alphabetify — https://hex.pm/packages/alphabetify
ETS — https://elixirschool.com/en/lessons/specifics/ets/
Elixir Mix Podcast — https://devchat.tv/elixir-mix/
Voitek — https://voitekk.com/
Erlef Erlang Ecosystem Foundation — https://erlef.org/
Crates — https://crates.io/crates/hex
Smart Software with SmartLogic — https://podcast.smartlogic.io/
Nerves MeetUp on Twitter — https://twitter.com/nervesmeetup
The Big Elixir — https://www.thebigelixir.com/