Key Points From This Episode:
- Some background on Bryan, his work and how he got started with Elixir.
- What is ElixirScript? What does it do? How Brian got the idea!
- ElixirScript's architecture; the inner workings of the compiler.
- Step one in the process; the conversion of concepts.
- Binary pattern matching and the implementation of strings.
- The things Bryan would do differently looking back on the product.
- Bryan's other experiences of libraries, contributions and fixes.
- Marketing, posting and getting the word out on ElixirScript.
- The current state of the project and hopes for the future.
- A little bit about The Big Elixir and what sets it apart from other conferences.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Smartlogic — https://www.smartlogic.io/
ElixirScript — https://elixirscript.github.io/
Bryan Joseph — https://github.com/bryanjos
Revelry — https://revelry.co/
The Big Elixir— https://www.thebigelixir.com/
Metaprogramming Elixir — https://www.amazon.com/Metaprogramming-Elixir-Write-Less-Code/dp/1680500414
Chris McCord — http://chrismccord.com/
Erlang — https://www.erlang.org/
ElixirCon — https://www.elixirlabs.net/events/elixircon-2018
Lonestar Elixir — https://www.lonestarelixir.com/
Operation Spark — https://operationspark.org/
Flatiron — https://flatironschool.com/
Learn more about how SmartLogic uses Phoenix and Elixir.